Wednesday 4 February 2009

Do you not find that snow brings out a childlike joy in 90% of people? Only those who are elderly, frail or without a soul could be upset about snow. It might be just me, but there must be others who become instilled with sheer joy at the prospect of a snow day!
I'm desperate for a snow day like you don't understand! Emma and Rachel both had the day off and i was insanely jealous. They got to play in the snow, sleep, watch films and flight of the conchords etc while i had CLOD (classics lesson of doom) without them. The fuckers. I think what made it so much worse was that i'd got my hopes up about a snow day, so being deprieved of it just made me angry.
Yet as i was walking home, with Evan Dando ringing in my ears, i couldn't resist jumping in the last remnants of snow on the path. See, even though i was mad at the lack of snow, i just couldn't stay upset at it! The bastard, bastard snow won me over and made me happy all over again!
I think i'll just focus my anger at the fact i didn't get a day off rather than at the snow itself. And also maybe at York university too. Who have not told me a single thing about me going there, making the difficult match of portsmouth (supercool city, close to london, far from home) vs. york (cultural city, closer to home and everyone else, but just a bigger version of chester) very very hard to consider properly!! Goddammit. So, maybe i will just focus on resenting them in order not to become completely bitter and twisted!

No comments:

Post a Comment